Thursday, October 02, 2014

The Gate

One Last Bouquet Before Leaving


Word of the Day

Yaaow - Yo; hey; used to call attention to a subject or situation.


Kylee and I have taken two hikes to the main road and back...despite the damp. Our first hike was done in a rather magical fog. Our second, well...it wasn't mizzling but...almost. It's wet out and the driveway is muddy but we'll be leaving The Lake tomorrow morning and our next chance to hike here won't be until next spring.

I've checked off everything on my To Do List and my Packing List that I can for today. The rest of the items on both lists will have to wait until tomorrow morning. I've printed out my lists and the list I made for #1 Son and #1 DIL. I called the credit card company to let them know that I'll be traveling. Hopefully, there will NOT be a problem with my credit card this time.

I still need to pack a box of perishables to bring to BW Babe's place tonight and load up the last bag of garbage to discard in her barrel. I won't be eating here tomorrow morning. Instead, I plan to stop for gas in the city....and I'll pick up coffee and a roll while I'm there.

My plans are to feed Kylee and load her and her kennel into the car. Then, I'll pack up the coolers and load them into the car along with my suitcase and laptop. Oh...and then, if it fits, the wine corker. #1 Son called late last night to check up on me...and yes, he's going to pack up some of his home-brew for me and his sisters.

I built a nice fire in the fireplace but it's faded and I won't be adding another log to the fire since I'll be heading off to BW Babe's for dinner. Even though I had the fireplace inspected...it's time to shut it down for the season. I'll have to remember to close the damper tomorrow morning when the embers have cooled.

I may or may not have an opportunity to write in my blog in the coming days but, we'll see.

Random Quote of the Day

Learn to get in touch with the silence within yourself and know that everything in this life has a purpose.

- Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

No comments: