Friday, October 08, 2010


Arizona Bark Scorpion

Word of the Day

Tarmac - A native of tarnation; tarmacs are almost always going somewhere, but make awful tour guides.


It's DD Daughter's birthday today!

Happy


Birthday


DD Daughter!



I hope you have a wonderful day!


Well, I found my first scorpion since we've been back here in Arizona. Last night. It was in my pantry. I reached into the pantry to grab an onion and a couple of potatoes for supper last night and there it was. Thankfully, it was dead. Regardless, dead or alive, those things give me the creeps. I keep wondering how many more scorpions are running around my house, very much alive, just waiting for me to find them....and how many scorpions did I just not see while I was out cleaning up the yard the other day? *shudder*

Random Thought of the Day

Why do we sing "Rock a bye baby" to lull a baby to sleep when the song is about putting your baby in a tree and letting the wind crash the cradle on the ground?

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

There is no shortage of good days. It is good lives that are hard to come by.

- Annie Dillard

No comments: