Thursday, October 07, 2010


Kylee discovered a pomegranate that had fallen off our pomegranate tree. She soon lost interest in this red "ball".

Word of the Day

Tar circles - Strange circles and other shapes found etched into a road that are sometimes believed to be created by flying saucers.


My goodness! We received more than two inches of rain in the last few days. That's a lot of rain for out here in the desert. All that rain flooded my back yard and made a mess of my patio. It also caused the GFI box where the electric for my fountain motor is plugged in to "trip". I had to wait for things to dry out before I could re-set it. At the risk of more rain, I swept and vacuumed my patio...again. The cushions on my patio furniture look like they've finally dried off but after sitting on one...for a second...I determined that they aren't "through and through" dry. However, I did find one dry chair to sit on (protected by the covered part of the patio) so I was able to enjoy sitting out with Kylee this morning after our morning walk.

Kylee and I took a training walk around the neighborhood this morning. She was excited to have the opportunity to explore a bit and got to meet and greet one of the neighbors. Unfortunately, she still has a problem with holding her bladder when she gets excited. *sigh* I'm sure that she'll eventually outgrow the problem. I hope.

Random Thought of the Day

If parents say, "Never take candy from strangers" then why do we celebrate Halloween?

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Here's a message to the new borns, waiting to breathe: if you believe then you can achieve. Just look at me, against all odds 'though life is hard, we carry on, livin' in the projects, broke with no lights on. To all the seeds that follow me- protect your essence, born with less, but you still precious.

- Tupac Shakur, Smile

No comments: