Wednesday, July 02, 2014

SNAKES!

Word of the Day

Murphyglobule - An inevitable glob of food that drips onto a clean white surface, often one's shirt.


Woodtick Count - 7


Prayers. As I write this, I still haven't heard from BW Babe. JC was scheduled for surgery between 7 - 7:45 AM. BW told me that the surgery and stabilization would take up to eight hours. ACK! We haven't heard a thing. I'm praying that the old saw, no word is good word? Praying.... T-Square has called me twice, checking to see if I've heard. I haven't. Praying....

I called the Regis in the city to get my hair cut and colored....after I put in 45 minutes aerobic exercise. If they couldn't fit me in, I was poised to shampoo and condition on my own. I suppose it isn't all that amazing that they could fit me in this morning. Small city...few clients. I brought my Kindle Fire AND my cellphone with me so I could keep in touch. No contact. My hair ended up a bit darker than I was expecting but...it'll lighten as I shampoo it. I also had her wax my eyebrows...the stay hairs that remain. My brows are definitely GREY and...I fear...they're balding. Soon, I'll be drawing in my eyebrows.

After my hair appointment, I drove over to the grocery store to pick up a few more items that I'd omitted from my Shopping List from the previous day. Tomatoes, and frozen confections for the grandchildren. Also, fresh strawberries and blueberries. However, I'm thinking that #1 Son and #1 DIL may want to go to the YOU PICK place...maybe with the oldest of the grandchildren? I'd like to make some fresh strawberry jam. I will be getting some raspberries from my bushes this year but...not many. Currants? Not happening. However, if I can manage, I plan to pick the wild gooseberries again to make Wild Gooseberry Jelly.

HTP and EVERYONE will be coming tomorrow. I might drive to the city to yoga with T-Square...maybe. If not, I'll yoga on my own. I'm not sure how much exercise I'll be able to do in the coming days, aerobic or yoga. I need my exercise! Happily, I've lost another four pounds since I was weighed at the doctor's office. I still haven't reached my goal but I'm working on it. I noted this morning that some of my exercise pants are getting a bit loose.

I enjoyed a spinach salad tonight made with fresh cabrese salad (tomatoes, fresh mozzarella pearls, minced chives, minced fresh basil, and light champagne dressing). It was delicious.

****

And...at around 8:30 PM, BW Babe called to let me know that JC made it through surgery and the surgeon sent them home. YEAH! Thrilled! She told me that the surgery was the worst case that the surgeon had ever seen. His old valve was toast. It's a good thing that JC had such a good surgeon. Surgery was done at around 6 PM but, understandable, I wasn't the first on the call list. I'm sure BW will update the Caring Bridge journal. I called T-Square but he wss called first...but...I didn't want him worried that I hadn't heard. Praying for a good night for JC and a speedy recovery.

Random Quote of the Day

Look well into thyself; there is a source of strength which will always spring up if thou wilt always look there.

- Marcus Aurelius Antoninus (121 AD - 180 AD)

No comments: