Friday, January 14, 2011


Kylee - January 14, 2010

I was only able to take the above picture because I ordered her to go to her box and put her on a Down Stay. Otherwise, she'd have been a whirling mass of blurred fur.

Word of the Day

Tearyold - Descriptive of the act of a two-year-old or such young child throwing a tantrum.


I treated myself to a facial and a haircut and style at Dolce Salon this week. Normally, a visit to this salon wouldn't fit into the budget but Groupon had a special deal so I took advantage of it. The hour long facial was fabulous. An hour well spent. And the hair-stylist who cut my hair did a wonderful job. Let's just hope that I can make it look just as good when it comes to washing and styling. I think I can...maybe. However, for right now, I love it. Two hours at the Dolce Salon & Spa and I'm glad I purchased an addition "coupon" for a future visit....just before I head back to Wisconsin for the summer.

I've been taking Kylee to obedience classes. She's doing quite well. I'm loving the Gentle Leader that the instructor advised me to purchase. Actually, I love it so much that I purchased one for my folks for their dog. My folks tell me that Sandy is a totally different dog when she's out for walks with my Dad (T-Square). T-Square tells me that it's a miracle. Meanwhile, Kylee sits on command and lies down on command. She's learned the "Leave it" command but is somewhat iffy on it. She's learned "Wait" but is still working on certain aspects of that command. I'm trying to keep her from exploding out of her kennel each morning when I open the door or racing out the front or back doors. Apparently, that lesson is being introduced this Saturday. Kylee is working on the "Stay" command and is doing fairly well at it....but has a few lapses. Most of Kylee's problems with training are directly attributable to her handler. Me. I need to take her for more walks and exercise her distractability quotient by taking her to PetSmart more often. Lots of distractions at PetSmart. But...she's doing quite well...and I'm learning.

Big news! Sarge and D Buddy are going to have a baby! April. Sarge told us right before Thanksgiving. I'm hoping to go to Texas at the end of February so I can hostess a baby shower for her. In the meantime, I've just finished up making several baby blankets and a couple of baby afghans for the new grandchild. A girl...or so I've been told, however, Sarge told me that she doesn't want any frilly pink girly things (which tells me that my new grand-daughter is sure to become the head cheerleader at her school and haunt the malls looking for the latest addition to her shoe collection because that's just the nature of things). Of course, HTP and I also plan to drive out there in April to meet the new little one.

Random Thought of the Day

How far east can you go before you're heading west?

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Martyrdom... is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability.

- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

No comments: