Thursday, January 20, 2011



Word of the Day

Telebility - Having the ability to tell if a television is on by hearing a high pitched ringing in one's ear from around the corner, or anywhere in the house.


Last night, one of my neighbors rang the doorbell (right during the movie Knowing...which was really a bit depressing despite the "hope for the future" thing.) Her daughter gave her several bags of lemons and she didn't need so many so she wanted to know if I'd like one of the bags. Argh! Of course, I took them but... What am I going to do with more lemons?! I'm NOT going to make any more limoncello. I end up gifting most of the limoncello I make and I already some limoncello from the batches I made a couple years ago. The single batch of limoncello that I've got brewing will be plenty for future gifts. I think I'll juice and zest these new lemons, portioned out and frozen, to make future lemon meringue pies. Thank goodness I have a freezer. I do love lemon meringue pie. I really don't NEED lemon meringue pie either but....

Have you ever noticed that when you're on a diet that almost every commercial on TV has a food or beverage theme? And the Weight-Watchers people and the like don't help either because all they show is more food. *sigh* Oh well, I'm doing my best. I've even given up my nightly glass of wine, in hopes that I can drop the extra pounds that I've picked up over the holidays. It doesn't help that HTP's brother is going to be here (in Arizona) this weekend and talked to HTP about getting together with us. However, HTP's brother may give us a call to tell us that he and his new wife are too busy to get together with us. Since they are in the process of getting their new vacation home furnished and decorated, which can take lots of time, I won't fault them if they do call us to cancel the possible get-together. And, HTP and I were asked to out for dinner and a movie with friends this weekend which we had to postpone until next weekend because of HTP's brother. I really wanted to see that new movie The Green Hornet. I hope the movie is still showing next weekend. oh well...at least HTP and I won't be able to cheat on our diets if we end up staying home this weekend.

Random Thought of the Day

How fast do hotcakes sell?

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Everything is vague to a degree you do not realize till you have tried to make it precise.

- Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)

No comments: