Thursday, January 13, 2011


HTP, DD Daughter, and #1 Son - Sushi Night in Minnesota - December 2010

Word of the Day

Teamlet - A team within a larger team. Consisting of as few as one member, teamlets can research topics of great importance and report back to a team or larger teamlet which reports to an even larger team.


Happy


New Year


Everyone!


OK....so I'm almost a couple weeks late but...

So much has happened since last I blogged. Sadly, HTP's Mom passed away in December. We flew back to Minnesota for the visitation and funeral. Once again we gathered as a family to say goodbye and make the sad trip to Wisconsin where HTP's Mom was buried beside the church that both HTP's attended for most of their lives. Together once again.


Together Again

I had finished most of my Christmas preparations prior to our trip to Minnesota. I'd purchased a brand new artificial tree which required more space than I'd predicted and anticipated. I ended up having to move furniture in order to accommodate it. However, with #1 Son joining us for Christmas and his girlfriend joining us after Christmas, I pulled out all the stops and moved the furniture and decorated the house for Christmas...pulling out more decorations than I've used in years.


New Christmas Tree

#1 Son flew in on December 23rd and quickly prepared to play his trumpet at the Christmas Eve service at our church.


Brass Ensemble - Christmas Eve 2010

We celebrated Christmas quietly at home with friends. I made a prime rib dinner. Normally, I end up setting off the fire alarms when I make prime rib but I averted this ear-bleeding problem on Christmas. There's nothing quite like a quiet Christmas. After dinner, we enjoyed watching a movie that Santa brought us for Christmas and then broke out our new Wii (a gift from HTP and Me to HTP and me) and bowled. Fun times.


#1 Son - Christmas Morning 2010


Christmas Wine - A Christmas Present from my children


Christmas Dinner 2010

A few days after Christmas, #1 Son's girlfriend flew in to join us here in Arizona. And then we all drove to Las Vegas to ring in the New Year. I repeat. Happy New Year Everyone!


New Year's Day Breakfast in Vegas - Family and Friends

Christmas has come and gone. #1 Son and his girlfriend are back in Minnesota. The decorations have all been stowed away. I've been working out with our new WiiFit on an almost daily basis. Our friends came over to help me bottle some French Cabernet, a wine kit that I decided to experiment with for the first time. I was so pleased enough with the kit wine that I discussed the possibility of making future kits with Sis. Though our own efforts are OK, there's only so much of that stuff we can drink.

And so, this brings you up to date. I won't promise a daily post but I'll try.

Random Thought of the Day

Why do doctors leave the room when you change? They're going to see you naked anyway.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

We must use time as a tool, not as a crutch.

- John F. Kennedy (1917 - 1963)

No comments: