Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Kylee Stole My Spot in the Sun



















Word of the Day

Thesisize - To research, write, or edit one's own thesis.

I've decided that Wednesday is going to be Fish Day from now on. I found this great recipe for beer batter. Easy and VERY good. You mix equal parts beer with flour and then you cover the bowl with the batter with a towel and let it sit for three hours before you use it. Those three hours are VERY important. It tastes OK if you don't wait the three hours but the result isn't as crunchy, so, thinking ahead is worth it. Of course, I need to go out shopping to get some fish (I'm going try swai tonight instead of cod) but, since the store is less than five minutes away, there will be fish tonight. If we were in Wisconsin, I'd use fish that I'd caught myself but that's not an option here. I've got some left-over bacon dressing and some left-over asparagas that I think I'll combine to serve with the fish.

As soon as I finish this blog entry, I'll change out of my yoga clothes (there was yoga this morning), check the food ads (they come out on Wednesday), and head out shopping. My cupboard isn't exactly bare but I have no fish.

Random Quote of the Day

The best way out is always through.
Robert Frost (1874 - 1963)

No comments: