Monday, June 03, 2013

Propane

Word of the Day

Sticktoitiveness - Perseverance; A measure of one's persevering qualities.


I was hoping the logger would have shown up before I had to head into the city at noon. He didn't. In the meantime, while I was waiting for him to show up, I set two Havaheart traps out on my upper deck. The squirrels are a real menace.

At noon, I went to pick Sis up and we headed into the city to pick up Ma and T-Square. Our first stop, after picking up Ma and T-Square was the bank. *sigh* Sis had to pay for our Euros and Pounds. I owe her some money. Turns out that I couldn't order my own Euros and Pounds using a check from another bank and we don't keep all that much dinero in our rural bank here at The Lake. Top it off? Turns out that I won't be able to use their debit card while I'm in Scotland and Ireland. They have a block on that area due to fraud problems. Thankfully, my Chase bank doesn't seem to have similar problems.

After spending time at the bank, we headed to the Verizon store so Sis could have them do something to her Smart phone so she could use it on an emergency basis while we're in Scotland and Ireland. While she was dealing with the Verizon people, I took Ma and T-Square over to Gordy's, a new grocery store in the city. Ma had a shopping list. We'd just checked out (I didn't actually purchase anything)and it was time to pick Sis up. She'd finished up at Verizon.

Next? Ma had a doctor appointment and T-Square wanted to have his hearing aides checked at the audiologist. Done and did. Next stop? Walgreens....prescriptions for Ma, T-Square, Sis and I needed some supplements. Then? MarketPlace...another grocery store. I didn't need anything there but a single tomato plant at their nursery tent to replace the one that the evil squirrels murdered. I bought a tomato plant AND another eggplant (to replace two green pepper plants that the evil squirrels murdered).

After taking Ma and T-Square home and helping them take all their purchases to their apartment, Sis and I continued on with our errands. We stopped at the local thrift store to donate items and check out the merchandise. I picked up a nice jacket that I plan to wear while in Scotland/Ireland and Sis found two jackets...but she hasn't decided which one she'll bring with her. I also picked up a couple of shirts. Sis was luckier and found a few shirts.

Our final stop of the day was back to Gordy's....the brand new grocery store in the city. Awesome! They have actual sushi...real sushi. Enough said. I bought some to enjoy for dinner and took advantage of a few of their smoking good grand opening deals. I may stop by tomorrow while I'm in the city to pick up more sushi. It tasted REALLY good.

Tomorrow? I have MY doctor appointment after a fasting lab. I am sooo not looking forward to having blood drawn. Plus, FASTING...no more food or drink (except I can have water) until after my doctor appointment. AND? Will I have to visit Walgreens again?

As for the logger?...I noticed that he'd been here, marking trees. I still need to connect with him to hand him the contract we signed and show him some modifications to the plan that HTP wanted me to show him. Maybe tomorrow afternoon...after I get back from the doctor. Seems like I need to stop at the post office too because there's a package waiting for me there.

Things are busy here right now and probably until Sis and I head off to the airport for our bucket list trip. I need to make a trip to the city again on Wednesday too. T-Square left his jacket in my car and Ma wants to take advantage of the Senior Day discount at ShopKo on Wednesday. Plus? I have a hair appointment. I don't want to go to Scotland/Ireland with a skunk line.

Random Quote of the Day

Before he sets out, the traveler must possess fixed interests and facilities to be served by travel.

George Santayana (1863 - 1952)

No comments: