Thursday, June 13, 2013


Word of the Day

Tangentman - Any individual prone to suddenly change the current subject of discussion without either warning or due cause. This is usually done to bring the discussion to a subject either close to the tangentman's heart, or to make the tangentman the centre of the discussion.


Tomorrow! Even though I'm pretty much packed, organized and ready for this trip to Ireland and Scotland, I'm finding myself mentally screaming in panic. Mostly, my panic is in leaving The Lake. I want to make sure that everything is left looking really nice so when I return, with HTP, everything is still looking nice in three weeks. So, it's not just about packing and planning for our trip. It's also about securing our home here at The Lake so it can remain empty for three weeks...though...it sounds like #1 Son and #1 DIL will be spending some time here for at least one week while we're gone and I think they plan to be here for when HTP and I get back on July 4. So, at least someone will be here on occasion to make sure that my gardens are watered.

JC is taking BW Babe and me to The Big City tomorrow with all our luggage AND Kylee and all her stuff. LOTS of luggage and LOTS of stuff. Our flight is leaving early enough on Saturday that we thought it would be wise to spend the night at a hotel near the airport.

Kylee? No, Kylee is not going with us to Ireland (obviously). We're dropping Kylee off at #1 Son and #1 DIL's house tomorrow. They're going to take care of her for me while we're gone. I am so happy that they agreed to take care of her for me. Although Kylee has stayed at kennels in the past, she's never stayed at one for three LONG weeks. I would have really hated to leave her at ANY kennel for that long and I would have been worrying about her. I know she'll be fine with my son and his wife.

After dropping Kylee off, we're going to go visit our brother and his family. We don't get many chances to see them since we don't get many chances to visit The Big City. It'll be wonderful to see them.

JC is going to be driving us around in The Big City but after dropping BW Babe and me off at our hotel, he'll be returning, alone, to The Lake. Meanwhile, BW Babe and I plan to spend more time with our brother and his wife at the restaurant (Outback) which is attached to our hotel. I've invited #1 Son and #1 DIL to join us but haven't heard whether or not they'll be able to join us.

Saturday? BW Babe and I will be taking the hotel's shuttle to the airport. We've been advised that we should get there at least two hours before our flight. Our flight will take us to Chicago where we'll be meeting up with our cousin and her husband and one of their friends who will be traveling with us. At this point, it looks like the plan is to switch to another plane before heading the rest of the way to Dublin. From what I'm reading, we'll arrive in Dublin on Sunday morning at around 5 AM. At this point, I'm told that we'll be picked up at the airport by our driver/guide and we'll be enjoying a full day of touring before checking into our hotel for the night. It sounds like we'll all be VERY tired by the time the day is done on Sunday.

My plan is to blog on a daily basis while we're in Ireland and Scotland. Detailing our adventures. However, a lot depends upon the Internet connections at our various hotels...and exhaustion may be a factor. I may end up writing up my blog each day and then posting whenever I get the chance. But for right now, the next time I blog will be, at the soonest, Sunday night....if I'm still conscious.

Random Quote of the Day

Sloth makes all things difficult, but industry, all things easy. He that rises late must trot all day, and shall scarce overtake his business at night, while laziness travels so slowly that poverty soon overtakes him.

Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)

No comments: