Sunday, May 09, 2010


Snow at The Lake - May 2010

Word of the Day

Suffixification - The process by which an unword is made by adding a suffix to a real word.


We did get snow. I'm not sure exactly how much snow because there really was no way to measure it. There wasn't enough accumulation to enjoy a snowgarita, but there was enough that it didn't all melt away until noon on Saturday. Adding insult to injury, the overnight temperatures on Saturday night dropped in the hard freeze range. I dragged all my potted tomatoes into a huddle under my patio and reinforced the pot covers with an old quilt. Brrrr!!!! #1 Son braved the cold to grill our steaks for dinner and I stayed inside to make salt-crusted baked potatoes which I served with some of the compound butter I'd made with wild leeks. We also enjoyed wild leeks in our garden salad. Then...I made some fresh brownies which would have tasted a lot better with a scoop of ice cream but...I forgot to ask #1 Son to buy some ice cream for me while he was at the store.

Happy


Mother's


Day!



#1 Son made me some wonderful cinnabon-style cinnamon buns this morning. Early this morning. He was just finishing up drizzling on the frosting when I walked into the kitchen at 6 AM. Wow! He either stayed up all night to make them or he got up REALLY early. Lots earlier than me...and that's saying something. We each inhaled one of the cinnamon buns before #1 Son toddled off for a quick nap. Me! I was bouncing off the ceiling as I made coffee and took Kylee for our morning perimeter check. However, I was hungry again for the Mother's Day buffet at one of the local resorts where HTP and #1 Son took me at 10 AM. It wasn't the best buffet in the world but...it was the first breakfast that I haven't had to cook in a really long time. That counts for a lot. Hearing from both DD Daughter and Sarge made my Mother's Day complete.

I picked, cleaned and froze another two quarts of dandelion blossoms....and...no woodticks...yet. HTP and I will have to split some logs. With all the fireplace fires we've been having, our fireplace wood in the garage is dwindling rapidly.

Random Thought of the Day

Do people in prison celebrate halloween.... if so how?

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Americans adore me and will go on adoring me until I say something nice about them.

- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

No comments: