Friday, May 28, 2010


My Gerbera Daisies - May 28, 2010


Word of the Day

Superfluswitch - The one or more light switches in every house with absolutely no purpose whatsoever.


Woodtick Count - 16

It doesn't seem fair that I got a woodtick this morning after vacuuming the deck. This one actually embedded itself in my back. My first embed. Stupid ticks! HTP had to remove it for me because I couldn't reach it. I suppose I picked it up one of the times that I went to dump the contents of the shop-vac onto the compost pile. Oh well...on the plus side...my deck is now free of all the seeds and stuff that has blown in off the trees that surround our house. I won't guarantee that we won't get more of the stuff but right now, my deck looks darn good. I even installed the umbrella so I could sit outside in partial shade. The temperature outside on my deck is 92 degrees, which isn't all that bad if you can find a bit of shade and the humidity isn't too high.

I finally screwed up my courage to get my hair cut this afternoon...to which HTP would say, "Which hair did you let them cut off?" When you have long hair, a loss of three inches in length isn't all that noticeable. Well, I notice but HTP wouldn't notice unless I came back home with something more dramatic like a boys' cut....which I did one time. I liked it, HTP didn't. Actually, I was feeling pretty good about the whole thing until I found out, after my hair-cut, that this was the last day of work for the gal who cut my hair. I hate that. Now I've got to develop a trust for a whole new person the next time I go in for a hair-cut...next month. *sigh*

Kylee and I relaxed a bit out on the deck (in the shade)this afternoon after I finished up my chores (vacuuming the deck, vacuuming the inside, watering all the plants, transplanting my gerbera daisy), and after my hair appointment. As I sipped on iced tea under the shade of the umbrella, Kylee munched on the ice cubes. She kept begging me for them...the ones in my iced tea. She crunching on ice cubes...so do I but it looks like I won't be doing much ice crunching anymore, not when Kylee is around.

I'm going to go fishing tonight. Wish me luck. HTP bought me some bait. Woohoo! Well...I'll probably only go fishing off the dock but it'll only be the second time that I've gone fishing this year.

Random Thought of the Day

In some books, why do they have blank pages at the very end?

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Heirlooms we don't have in our family. But stories we've got.

- Rose Cherin

No comments: