Tuesday, May 04, 2010



Word of the Day

Succubeebish - The gelatinous substance found surrounding canned hams and vienna sausages.


Woodtick Count - 10

When I woke up this morning, the lake was still as glass. I know. That's a pretty trite way of phrasing things but...I can't think of any other way to put it. Kylee and I went down to the dock and I was afraid that she was going to jump right off the end of the dock, mistaking the surface of the lake for something solid that could be walked on. Never fear, I kept her leash tightly in hand.

Now...here's the deal. Today was laundry day. *sigh* I REALLY wanted to take advantage of the quiet lake to go out fishing...but...I was feeling guilty about putting off chores in order to go fishing. Chores vs. Fishing. Fishing won out...for a bit. Nothing was biting and the wind started to pick up. *sigh* So...I rowed back to shore, stowed my gear, and did the laundry. But...that's not all...

I also picked, cleaned and froze another 2 quarts of dandelion blossoms. Ergo, the addition of three woodticks to the woodtick count. However, I now have enough dandelion blossoms to make two batches of dandelion wine...though...I'd like to pick more blossoms, but, not today. There's a field by my mailbox out on the main road that had LOTS of huge dandelion blossoms. I may try picking there next time. One thing that made the whole process easier this time was the introduction of latex gloves which almost completely eliminated the problem of finger stains.

All my fishing gear is down at the dock, stowed in our big boat. It'll be a lot easier for me to run down to the dock to see if the bass are biting...next time.

Random Thought of the Day

What do Greeks say when they don't understand something?

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory.

- Rita Mae Brown

No comments: