Friday, August 08, 2014

Crippled Logosaurus?


Word of the Day

Dinophobia - Extreme fear of dinosaurs.


Woodtick Count - 8


It's incredibly hard to watch the news these days. It's been heart-breaking. I fear that I'm watching the beginnings of another World War and I have no confidence in the people who are leading our country. I KNOW that I shouldn't be taking what I'm hearing to heart but tales of genocide, forced conversions of Christians to Islam, be-headings of children...it's incredibly horrible and sad to see the persecution of people who share my faith, and those who have beliefs that differ from my own in other parts of the world at the hands of those who refuse to allow beliefs that differ from their own. Back to the burning times and the Inquisition? My own faith has perpetrated its own evil on mankind but I'd prayed that this sort of bigotry and fanaticism was a thing of the past. Sadly, man's inhumanity to man is alive and well. Evil rears its ugly head and I watch our leaders going on vacation as churches are burned and atrocities are being shown on live TV.

And so, it's been difficult to write about day to day activities here at The Lake. I get up. I continue my exercise routines. I hike with Kylee to the road and back to collect the mail. I water my plants. I pick my raspberries. I dust my tomatoes which continue to ripen. I re-fill bird-feeders. And life goes on here at The Lake...and I find myself in near constant prayer for those who need help which only God can provide. HTP would tell me that I need to concentrate on that which I can do something about. Too bad there doesn't seem to be much I can do here, close to home, or there, across the world. But...I can pray. That I can do.

I had a dream last night. HTP and I were trying to pack our car. We were in a hotel garage and were trying to fit all our children, their spouses and our grandchildren and their friends into our car. We finally realized that there was no way that we could fit everyone and all their stuff, car-seats etc. into our one car. We'd need at least two cars. Thinking back on the dream (after waking up), there would be no way that we could fit everyone and everything in two cars or three or four. *sigh* And then, after getting all the stuff packed as best as I could, I found myself alone in the hotel garage (where did HTP and the kids go?), trying to make my way up to our hotel room and I woke up with the realization in my mind that I'd never find that room because I never found out what our room number was or even where to start looking as I tried to make my way through crowds of people and incredible groupings of hotel furnishings that seemed to block any of my attempts to find our room.

Random Quote of the Day

If you can't do what you want, do what you can.

- Lois McMaster Bujold

No comments: