Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Hail! - OK...not the best picture but....Hail!

Word of the Day

Habitosis - A disease affecting those who continually form habits out of every aspect of their life; the condition of making every action into a habit.

Woodtick Count - 8


Habit.... It's Tuesday, therefore, it's laundry day. I have my reasons which I've discussed in previous posts. Good habits are easy to break, bad habits...not so much. In my humble opinion, my habit of doing laundry on Tuesdays is a good habit which I NEED to maintain. I've already had problems maintaining other good habits....blogging, exercising....

No...I did NOT exercise today but after the day I put in, I can honestly say, I've had PLENTY of exercise. Aside from laundry day which requires several trips up and down stairs, I went down to the dock...more upstairs and downstairs and up and down hill, to bail and bilge the boats. We had 2 inches of rain yesterday...but, it was probably more because it's hard to measure hail. Yes, we got hail. I noted, immediately, that the water in the rowboat was up to the bottom of the seats. ACK! LOTS of rain! I set IT to work. "IT" is my portable bilge pump. LOVE IT! IT immediately went to work pumping water out of the rowboat. Then...I stepped into the big boat and pushed the switches and....nothing...nada...no response. *sigh* NOT GOOD! I checked to make sure that the batteries were good. As far as I could tell...they were. UP hill and UP stairs to call the people who help me with the boat. Yes, #1 Son probably could have fixed the problem. Yes, HTP probably could have fixed the problem. Me? Not so much. There was water pooling around BOTH the marine batteries. NOT good. I had visions of the boat, sinking. NOT GOOD! I RAN up the hill and up the stairs to call "Seasonal Toys". Thankfully, "Mike" took pity on my and...hey...it isn't high season out here at The Lake...and he came out to take a look. After a lot of checking this and that, he determined that our bilge pump had bitten the dust. Croaked. Ceased to be. Not only did it "ceased to be" it took a fuse when it went to "The Great Beyond".
The new bilge pump worked great and the big boat has been bilged. Done and did.

The hail really made a mess of the plants on my deck. I've got mashed basil and lettuce. I had to pick up LOTS of green cherry and plum tomatoes that were knocked off their stems. I haven't even started to barely think about cleaning up the mess. Meanwhile, Stan the Man, is currently mowing my lawn, removing all evidence of fallen leaf debris that the hail deposited on my lawn.

I'm tired. I still need to see if I can destroy the ground wasp nest that was created in my big boat. WTF?! I need to refill the hummingbird feeders...again. And...even though I brought empty wine bottles up from the basement, I still need to sterilize them and then...bottle the red wine that is waiting to be bottled. Oh...and I need to can tomatoes and make salsa. And...I need to pick raspberries. Why can't I find the energy to do everything that I need to do?

My brother is going to be coming next week. I am sooo looking forward to seeing him and catching up...even though he is LIBERAL.

Random Quote of the Day

Sometimes in life you don't always feel like a winner, but that doesn't mean you're not a winner.

- Lady Gaga (1986 - ), Ellen Degeneres Show, 09-08-09

No comments: