Monday, August 04, 2014

Logasaurus

Word of the Day

Bifocalitis - A condition that afflicts wearers of bifocals that causes them to think they are reading a line of text or row of data straight across, when in actuality they are seeing a different line or row or a combination of different lines or rows. This often results in a mismatch between intent, information, and/or action.

Woodtick Count - 8


Trying to get back into a routine. I plugged in a 3 Mile aerobic program that requires two pound weights. I was hoping that it would jump start my day. Some days it's just difficult to move but I did get the tomatoes and zucchini dusted. My poor tomatoes are starting to blight. I fertilized them last week and dusted them today. The humidity hasn't been helping. Some recommendations say that I should just let the plants be, aside from dusting and fertilizing. There are LOTS of tomatoes on all of my plants. If the ones that are on, ripen, I'll have more than enough to enjoy and preserve for future use.

I hauled up all the equipment that I'll need to bottle my white wine. *sigh* I still don't have any labels. I ordered labels but....they've never arrived. I'll have to call the people that I ordered the labels from tomorrow. They aren't open today. It might just be a case that our credit card had problems about that time. I'm hoping that I can still get the labels this week. I don't want to bottle wine and then have it sit unlabeled for too long.

The forester stopped by today. I swear that the guy NEVER cracks a smile. At first I was concerned that there were problems but it turns out that he wanted to know if I'd had any problems. None. The loggers are staying out of my way and I'm staying out of their way. I've take a few pictures of their equipment which all looks like it's related to some futuristic dinosaurs. I know that my son, when he was little, would have been fascinated. I imagine that my grandchildren would love seeing these huge machines.

Random Quote of the Day

Paradise is exactly like where you are right now... only much, much better.

- Laurie Anderson

No comments: