Monday, May 19, 2003

17 More Days before I leave for Wisconsin and "The Lake"

I'm addicted to coffee. I admit it. I've told myself and the doctor that I don't drink as much coffee as I used to but that's not true. I tell the doctor that I only drink two cups of coffee a day now instead of my six cups of the past. But I know that I still polish off one whole pot of coffee all by myself. How can that be? I keep buying myself bigger and bigger mugs. None of them match because I like it that way. They're all different and all have their own personality. You can tell what kind of mood I'm in by the mug that I've picked in the morning. "Stay clear of Mom...she picked that big green mug today." But my mugs all have the same thing in common. They've always been big but they've been increasing in size as I add new ones to my collection. One of my mugs is actually an antique Frankoma beer stein (I love this mug, I've been haunting antique stores looking for more). Two of my mugs will polish off one pot of Mr. Coffee. Twelve cups my Aunt Sally! I mean really! Who actually expects a cup of coffee to be eight ounces? So you see, I can tell the doctor that I've cut back to two cups of coffee a day but in reality....I'm still drinking my usual six cups of the past (Which finished up the so-called 12 cup pot). On the other hand, I haven't increased my coffee intake any so that's a positive. Right? And I still haven't killed anyone which may have been a distinct possibility if I'd cut back to two 8 oz. "cups" of coffee. I figure that the doctor was kind of stupid anyway. I don't care how many years she studied medicine (and don't tell me that interns don't drink even more coffee then the average caffeine addict), she should have asked how many ounces of coffee I drink a day...not how many cups. Cups are variable. Maybe I should tell her I've cut back to one cup a day. Does anyone know where I can find a coffee mug that will hold a full pot of coffee?

No comments: