Sunday, May 18, 2003

18 More Days before I leave for Wisconsin and "The Lake"

So what did I do today? It's Sunday. I went to church. I don't go to church every Sunday but I went to church today. I play the clarinet in my church contemporary group. The contemporary group played today for two services. I went to two services today and played my clarinet. I got up at 5:30 AM to get ready for church. I took care of all the morning chores before I left for church and left the rest of the household in blissfull sleep. Sometimes I'll even drag members of the household along with me to church. But not today. I left them with visions of breakfast dancing in their heads. That's all they'd get until I got home at around 11AM. I had to run to the store before heading to the church. Our vocalist is graduating from high school so I had to get a card. Usually I have cards, lots of cards in my desk drawer. Actually, I have tons of cards in my desk drawer (I have a tendancy to buy cards and then forget to send them, I love e-cards...don't you wish everyone had a computer?) but none of the cards in my desk drawer were graduation cards. So I had to go to the store and get a graduation card. I bought myself a cup of coffee too. It was hot. Very hot! I only got two sips before I had to give up and go into church. The service doesn't start until 7:45 AM but we (the contemporary group) all get there by 6:45 AM so we can go through all the music. So, with the 1 hour practice before church and the two 1 hour services, I played a total of three hours today. Thankfully my lip didn't give out. Well, it was for church so I'm sure God had something to do with it. I don't think I could actually play 3 hours, non-stop, anywhere else. To be honest, I don't think anyone would want to listen to me play the clarinet for 3 hours, non-stop. People at church are so nice. So I sat through two services and marveled at how two of the same sermons can be so completely different. Maybe it's because I was able to grab a cup of coffee and a couple of cookies out on the patio between the two services. Maybe it's because the Pastor was able to grab a couple of cookies and a cup of coffee on the patio. Maybe I was half asleep for that first service's sermon. Maybe the Pastor was....no. I did hand our vocalist her graduation card after church so now I don't have to add it to the other cards in my desk drawer. I headed home, drinking the coffee that I'd bought before church because it had finally cooled down enough for me to drink (it wasn't too hot and it wasn't too cold, it was just right) and the household wanted breakfast. So, I made coffee...and then I made breakfast. Since it was 11 AM by the time I made breakfast, I figure that I'll either skip the lunch making process entirely today or make lunch at 2 PM. But if I make lunch at 2 PM, then I can't make supper until after 6 PM and then supper will run into The Simpson's. Can't have that. Maybe we'd better just skip lunch today and say that we ate brunch. Works for me. No-one wants to miss The Simpson's .

No comments: