Sunday, June 15, 2008


Berries on the Juneberry Bush/Tree - June 2008 (not ripe yet)


Word of the Day

Ifnik - Any person whose life, habits and thinking are constructed conditionally.




Happy


Father's


Day!




I baked a cake last night. Chocolate....of course. I frosted it with chocolate frosting this morning. Decorating it was kind of challenging. Kind of a puzzle trying to figure out a "Father" decoration for a Father's Day cake...especially since all I had to work with was those miniature M&M's. It was easier decorating the Mother's Day cake. Flowers. What does one put on a Father's Day cake. Well...they got a stringer of fish...at least....I hope they look like fish and not some weird variety of flower. Oh well...I tried. I was considering the addition of a fishing rod, line, and bobber but...one has to know their own capabilities with materials on hand AND one has to know when enough is good enough.

I made the potato salad last night. Potato salad always ends up tasting better the next day. The flavors have a chance to blend and sink in. Today is the next day. I'm going to boil up the brats after breakfast so they'll be all ready to toss on the grill. Sis is bringing the fixings for Fume (Oriental Ramen Coleslaw). I've already shredded the cabbage and chopped the green onions for it. That's a last minute type of salad. I still need to make the onion dip for the chips....and the regular coleslaw. Oh...and the meat for the baked beans. I just have to pull it off the bones. I'll chop up the raw onion for the brats at the same time that I'm chopping up the onion that I'll be using to cook up with the brats. Plenty of time for all this to get done...after breakfast. The beer is already in the fridge.

Murphyism of the Day

Thomas Jefferson's Rule


Delay is preferable to error.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

You can't make up anything anymore. The world itself is a satire. All you're doing is recording it.

- Art Buchwald

No comments: