Monday, June 16, 2008


Perimeter Walk - June 2008

Word of the Day

IGMO - 1. An ignorant person; abbreviated form of ignoramus. 2. I've Got My Orders. A rueful to matter-of-fact commentary by a person executing a decision of others that may not seem sensible to the speaker or addressee.


I'm already half way to New York...in my mind. HTP is starting to complain about this fact. Half of my mind (or maybe a bit more than half) is focused on getting ready for my flight to New York where I'm eagerly looking forward to seeing and visiting with my fellow Marine Moms. The other half of my mind is left to deal with whatever needs doing here at The Lake. I've had to start a list of things to do before I leave The Lake at 0Dark:30 on Thursday morning and a packing list for things I'll need while I'm in New York. Unfortunately, this division of my mind tends to manifest total absent-mindedness. The lists should help but....

If my mind wasn't so absent, I would have thought about the fact that starting another batch of rhubarb wine here at my house wouldn't be something that would make much sense. I won't be here to stir the must for the entire 5 days. I'm only going to be here for another three days...four, if you count today. And then I won't be here to add the sugar and the yeast before letting it sit another couple days before adding it to the prior batch of rhubarb wine that I've already got started....airlock attached. I'll have to gather the wine-making supplies and bring them over to Sis' house. We'll have to start this next batch at her place. I'll be home before we get the point where we'll combine the two batches.

I'll need to do laundry one more time before I leave for New York. I want to make a quick shopping trip to the city before I leave too. I've been trying to think of something typically Wisconsin to bring to New York as a gift. Cheese curds are something that screams Wisconsin. I think I can bring it along with some venison summer sausage that Sis gave me to gift. Hopefully, airport security won't blink too hard when I pack these items in my suitcase. I'm also going to pack a couple jars of my home-canned tomatoes. We're going to enjoy a home-cooked Italian spaghetti meal for our first night in New York at the home of one of the Moms. I can make my spaghetti sauce without home-canned tomatoes but...it just wouldn't taste quite the same.

Murphyism of the Day

The Oil Spill Principle


People will accept any bad news if the magnitude of the disaster is revealed gradually.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home.

- Ken Olsen (1926 - ), President, Digital Equipment, 1977

Old Grey's Commentary on the above Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Ah-ha-ha-ha-ha...snort...ha-ha-ha-ha-ha....snort. Only one per home? Take my computer? From my cold, dead hands.

No comments: