Tuesday, June 10, 2008



Word of the Day

Iconoblast - To punctuate one's instant message with an excess of icons.


Woodtick Count - 17 1/2 (Hey...I'm giving that one woodtick a half count because it was on Gypsy...but it was heading my way when I found it. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.)

The mosquitoes are vicious outside this morning. They are definitely living up to their legend of being our state bird. I'll have to spray myself with deet after breakfast. Sis and I are going to head off into the woods to check on the watercress again...after breakfast. There is no way that I'll head off into the woods today without a liberal amount of deet to protect me. The mosquitoes would suck me dry, leaving only a hollow mummy-like husk behind. We've given the cress two weeks to grow up since the last time we checked. Was it two weeks? I'll have to go back and check my earlier blogs. We only checked the one time this spring and it wasn't ready for picking at that time. Sis and I plan to fertilize the wild blueberries while we're out there. I bought some time release stuff that promises to work well for acid loving plants like blueberries. I imagine Sis and I are wasting our time a bit with the wild blueberries since chances are the birds and wild animals will be the beneficiaries but...maybe...we can go back and check the status of the wild berries later and see if our fertilizing actually produced any benefits for the human animals.

After checking out the watercress, Sis and I will come back to my house so we can start our rhubarb wine. Which reminds me...I should probably take the rhubarb out of the freezer so it can thaw.

I'm NOT doing laundry, even though it's Tuesday (my normal laundry day). I did laundry on Saturday and I suspect that I'll be doing laundry again this coming Saturday when #1 Son comes home. Actually...there's lots of things I'm NOT doing today. I don't think I'll vacuum and dust today either....or clean the bathrooms. But...I'll clean the kitchen, after breakfast.

Murphyism of the Day

Booker T. Washington's Rule


You can't hold a man down without staying down with him.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

We're actors - we're the opposite of people.

- Tom Stoppard

No comments: