Friday, June 27, 2008


The Peonies are Popping - June 2008

Word of the Day

Ima - I am going to


Woodtick Count - 27

The lettuce is picked. HTP and I had some of it last night with our supper. Home-grown salad....well....almost. The lettuce and the onion were home-grown. Tomatoes are something I still have to purchase at the grocery store. I don't even have any green tomatoes on my vines as yet. Blossoms. Just blossoms right now.

MC Daughter and D Buddy are planning on stopping by here sometime this weekend. Today? If not today, on Monday. A lot depends upon how much time it will take MC Daughter and D Buddy to finish packing and cleaning their apartment. Plus...load their car and truck. MC Daughter and D Buddy have decided to move to Kentucky. Kentucky? I've never been to Kentucky. It looks like I'll have my chance should they decide to make the move a permanent one. They plan to swing by The Lake to see us en route. It's a bit off the route but they need to pick up a few of their things that they left here at The Lake and....needless to say....see us. MC Daughter assures me that she'll be coming back to The Lake again in a few months with a U Haul to collect the rest of their stuff...as soon as they're all settled in a bit.

I'd thought that #1 Son would be coming up to see us this weekend too. However, he's keeping really busy in The Big City. He tells me that he'll be coming up to see us in a couple of weeks. Looks like we'll be having a quiet 4th of July this year.

Murphyism of the Day

Duck's Political Principle


Any campaign reform only lasts until the powers regroup.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Never let your inferiors do you a favor - it will be extremely costly.

H. L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)

No comments: