Friday, June 13, 2008


Gypsy Checking Out My Garden - June 9, 2008

Word of the Day

Ideality - Frequently the opposite to reality. A dimension only spoken of in textbooks and lectures, and yet, while greatly desired, never seems to be the case.


Woodtick Count - 22 (I really haven't been outside much due to rain)

I've been tagged by DD Daughter for one of those Internet question/answer games so....

1. Post the rules of the game at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read the player’s blog. (well...I don't know all that many people who have blogs other than DD Daughter so...nix this one.)
4. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.

What were you doing five years ago?

Apparently, I was gripping about the fact that I hadn't heard from either of my daughters for a while. Check the archive for yourself.

What are five things on your to-do list for today?
1) Take Gypsy for a walk (done but...we'll go for another hike later)
2) Bilge the boat (done) but I may go fishing later
3) Make breakfast, lunch and supper
4) Wash my hair
5) Work in the flower garden

What are five snacks you enjoy?
1) CHOCOLATE
2) SALTY chips
3) fresh peas...raw
4) smoked almonds
5) pumpkin or squash seeds...I cooked some up.

What are five things you would do if you were a billionaire?

1) Tell no one except a financial advisor and my husband.
2) Sit back and not worry so much about the bills and the taxes or who will take care of me when I'm too old to know what's going on around me.
3) Hire someone to do the heavy lifting that I don't want to do myself. I want someone else to clean my house.
4) Travel wherever I want to go whenever I want to go...first class.
5) Set up a standing appointment at a spa...several spas. Facials, massages, hair, manicures....pamper me!

What are five of your bad habits?
1) I REALLY hate to clean.
2) I procrastinate when it comes to doing things that I really don't want to do until those things become even more unbearable to do.
3) I hate dieting but I need to diet.
4) I can't bite my tongue hard enough when it comes to talking politics.
5) I'm buy and read too many books. It's an addiction. Books = cocaine.

What are five places where you have lived?
1) Minnesota
2) Arizona
3) Oregon
4) Arizona..again and still
5) Wisconsin when I'm not in Arizona

What are five jobs you’ve had?
1) Historical Interpreter at Fort Snelling
2) Clerking at a toy store
3) Clerking at Spencers at a mall
4) Spanish Teacher
5) Homemaker

I know I should be tagging someone on this but I'm old and grey and none of my friends actually have a blog...however, they can read this and enjoy. Right?

*****

The rain has finally stopped. The skies are blue. Gypsy loves her Pork Stew...even with the unpeeled apple chunks. And...I really need to wash my hair today.

Murphyism of the Day

Heine's Law


One should forgive one's enemies, but not before they are hanged.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

First weigh the considerations, then take the risks.

- Helmuth von Moltke (1800 - 1891)

No comments: