Saturday, November 07, 2009


Gypsy

Word of the Day

Siplets - To Take tiny sips when one's beverage is scalding hot.


Wow! I guess you may have noted that I'm not doing too well keeping my promise to blog on a daily basis. I can't believe that it's already Saturday! What happened to Thursday and Friday? Obviously, there was nothing worth noting...or blogging about.

Today, Gypsy and I went over to meet and visit with The Pet-sitter. She (The Pet-sitter) lives right here in the neighborhood. She and her Mom live right next door to each other which comes in handy because both of them take care of the dogs, the cats, the rabbits, and the pets. She also owns a miniature dachshund and a cat. I'm not sure what animals The Pet-sitter's Mom owns but I heard mention of a couple of standard poodles and a cocker spaniel....two of which are trained therapy dogs. I surmised that the standard poodles aren't always around. Show dogs? The house has no carpeting...none. It actually looked there had been carpeting at one time but it had been removed and replaced with special rugs that won't slip and slide but can be easily washed should one of the guests have an accident. As long as the animals get along, the house belongs to them. I'm not sure if I could live like that but...whatever. Gypsy won't mind. All I have to do on Wednesday morning, when HTP and I plan to leave for Vegas, is bring Gypsy over there, along with her kennel (because Gypsy actually likes her kennel), a couple of her favorite toys, Gypsy's food and dishes, and her leash (for daily walks). This is a trial run for me and Gypsy. I've never left Gypsy with anyone but my folks. I used to have a pet-sitter (before Gypsy came along) who would come over to the house several times a day, but I'm afraid Gypsy would feel lonely all alone...in between visits. She loves people. Besides, this will be a great opportunity for her to learn how to interact with whatever other animals there might be cohabiting The Pet-sitter's house next week.

Random Thought of the Day

He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

It's odd that you can get so anesthetized by your own pain or your own problem that you don't quite fully share the hell of someone close to you.

- Lady Bird Johnson (1912 - 2007)

No comments: