Wednesday, November 18, 2009


Gypsy

Word of the Day

Sketch - Something that is of questionable merit or validity. Origins: A modified form of sketchy.


Gypsy is feeling lots better today. She wanted to go for a walk this morning but I decided to wait until this afternoon for any walks. Poor Gypsy kept running to the front door, scratching at it and looking at me longingly all morning. But...I held firm. Good grief! She was still limping around yesterday. There's no way that I was going to risk another visit to the vet. Her eyes lit up and she raced to the front door when I got out her leash this afternoon. We went for a leisurely walk...just around the block and then on to check the mailbox. She was thrilled when one of our neighbors greeted her and patted her. Gypsy loves it when people (other than me and HTP) greet her and pat her. It made her day.

Random Thought of the Day

Why is it that during an ice-breaker, when the whole room has to go around and say their name and where they are from, I get so incredibly nervous? Like I know my name, I know where I'm from, this shouldn't be a problem....

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

If you live long enough, the venerability factor creeps in; first, you get accused of things you never did, and later, credited for virtues you never had.

- I.F. Stone (1907 - 1989)

No comments: