Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Word of the Day

Skeptimistic - Optimistic, yet still skeptical that a particular outcome will occur.


HTP and I went to Vegas on Wednesday and came back home on Saturday. We picked Gypsy up at the pet-sitter and...Gypsy wasn't acting like Gypsy. She wasn't happy. Her tail was a half-mast. Lethargic. Upon reflection, I now "think" I know what her problem might have been but I didn't know at the time so, to be on the safe side, I took her to the vet...for my own peace of mind. Visits to the vet on weekends are considered emergency visits and therefore cost LOTS more money than if you bring your dog to the vet on a weekday. If I'd waited, I might have reflected upon the fact that Gypsy's treats were all gone. I had sent along a bag of treats that should have lasted through the end of the year. 75 treats to the bag. 3 treats per day? The pet-sitter must have been feeding Gypsy treats by the dozens. I think Gypsy's main problem was a raging case of indigestion caused by an over-indulgence of treats. She's still not 100% back to normal. Poor baby. Plus, the pet-sitter had cats. When I went in to pick up Gypsy the cat smell was HORRIBLE. Needless to say, I don't think HTP and I will be using that particular pet-sitter again. Gypsy doesn't get along too well with cats. I think she may even be allergic to them.

Random Thought of the Day

What would happen if you hired two private investigators to follow each other?

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Literature is news that stays news.

- Ezra Pound (1885 - 1972)

No comments: