Monday, May 27, 2013

#1 DIL and #1 Son


Word of the Day

Shuggleftulation - The actions of two people approaching, trying to get around each other, and muttering "thanks for the dance."

Woodtick Count - 4

#1 Son and #1 DIL caught enough fish last night to serve for dinner. A LATE dinner but a very tasty dinner but there's nothing tastier than fresh caught, cleaned, and cooked fish. I'm glad that they were able to catch something on their last night here. They were all packed up and on the road by 6 AM this morning.

It's going to be really quiet here for a while but with all the things that need doing around here, I'll be keeping busy. It's time to start serious trip planning.

I've been doing little diddly things this morning. I got my beans and lettuce planted and tucked some set onions into my kennel garden raised beds. I decided to finish up the planting because it looks like it's going to be a rainy few days. I found the missing clamp for my Earthbox staking system that the squirrel took. He buried it in the Earthbox. Don't ask me why. So, having found that clamp, I installed the staking systems on all my Earthboxes though they're not really needed as yet. At least they're out of my way. I sorted, organized, and cleaned the fridge, freezing things that there's no way that I can eat before they spoil. I've got LOTS of leftovers that need using. I'm not going to need to go food shopping for quite some time. I've washed two loads of dishes and am in the process of washing sheets. Every trip down to my basement laundry room lessens the amount of items I have stacked in the hallway that need to be stored in the basement. Ma taught me well...never go down to the basement or come back up empty-handed.

I still need to prune the raspberries. It'll have to wait because I'm just not feeling energetic enough. I've got my dental implant surgery tomorrow so I really should be getting off my procrastinating butt. Maybe I will if the sun comes out this afternoon. If not, I'm thinking fire in the fireplace tonight.

Random Quote of the Day

There is nothing so absurd but some philosopher has said it.

Cicero (106 BC - 43 BC), De Divinatione

No comments: