Wednesday, May 15, 2013



Hitting the Road for Omaha - May 3, 2013
Dinner With All the Grandkids and My Two Favorite Daughters in Omaha - May 4, 2013
Day 1 at The Lake - Tammy's First Experience With Snow - May 6, 2013
Playing With Little Jon - May 8, 2013
Fun at the Park With Tammy - May 10, 2013
Mother's Day Celebration at The Lake - May 12, 2013
#1 Son and #1 DIL Getting to Know Little Jon and Playing With Tammy



Indigo Bunting/Bluebird of Happiness? - Visitor to one of my seedfeeders



 
Word of the Day

Shoegating - Walking behind someone at a distance too close for comfort, much like tailgating in a car.


I've been kind of busy. Traveling with two little children isn't conducive to blogging. Opening things up here at The Lake and unpacking with two little grandchildren isn't exactly conducive to blogging either. However, I have been taking pictures. We arrived to snow on the ground. Thankfully, Sis called Stan the Man for me and he plowed my driveway and removed a HUGE tree which had fallen over my driveway. We arrived late enough at night that I didn't get any pictures of snow that night. I was too busy unloading the trailer, unpacking the coolers, making beds and getting everyone settled. Thankfully, Sarge was here to help. I did get pictures the following day.

Tammy loved the snow but by the end of the day, it had all melted...or all but a few drifts and piles left by the snowplow. Meanwhile, after enjoying the snow, we all piled back into the car, returned the U-Haul and went to visit with Ma and T-Square in the city before doing some much needed grocery shopping. We had done some very basic grocery shopping when we drove through the city on our way to The Lake.

I've got all my seed feeders out and we've been enjoying a plentitude of birds. I put out my hummingbird feeders and my oriole feeders and we saw our first hummingbird yesterday. The orioles have been here for a few days. Tammy loves seeing the birds. She also got to see some deer from the window by the TV.

Thankfully, #1 Son and #1 DIL got everything all set up for us before we got here. The Disney Channel and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse made unpacking a lot easier. Tammy loves Mickey House. They set up my Internet service too. Yes! And on Mother's Day weekend, they not only cleared off any questionable and leaning trees on either side of my driveway, they put in the dock and the rowboat. I've got a dock and boat! They also put the new battery that Sarge and I bought while we were in the city into the Gator. Despite the trickle charger, the Gator's battery died over the winter. #1 Son and #1 DIL, if what they had done wasn't enough, hooked up a new (new to The Lake) stereo receiver and my Wii. Surround sound and Netflix are now possible.

We're going to have to wait on getting our big boat out. The deck on a few areas has rotted through. Thankfully, it is covered under our warranty. Unfortunately, the repair may take a while. Sarge, the kidlets and I are going to tow it over to the dealer in Hayward to have it fixed. I'm told that it could be WEEKS before we see the big boat again and get it launched.

Random Quote of the Day

A man travels the world over in search of what he needs and returns home to find it. - George Moore

No comments: