Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Kylee Getting Comfortable at the Hotel


Word of the Day

Signoramus - Someone who drives along in their car unaware that their signal light is flashing. Similarly, one who is ignorant to signals from potential love interests.


It's been a LONG day. It all started at around 6 AM when I got up and finished packing my suitcase, took care of Kylee, packed the two freezers, and loaded everything, including Kylee into the car. Kylee insisted. As long as she's in her kennel and her kennel is in the car, she settles right down, knowing that I won't forget to bring her with me. Silly dog. I'd never forget her.

After saying farewell to HTP, seeing him off to work, I shut down my computer and packed it up. You'd think that I'd remember to actually load the dang computer into the car....wouldn't you? I forgot it. Thankfully, I remembered that I'd forgotten it before I'd gone too far. It doesn't actually matter how far I'd gone, I would have gone back for it. I found myself driving out of the neighborhood and down the road a bit, reviewing my list and things I might have forgotten and couldn't recall loading my laptop into the car. *sigh* Oh well, I only lost about 15 minutes. I'm glad I remembered so close to home. Our revised departure time was 8:30 AM...Arizona time.

Kylee and I made good time but I forgot that we'd be losing two hours due to time zone issues. We didn't make too many stops. I only had to stop for gas one time and I picked up some lunch (to go) for myself at the same time. Aside from several rest area stops for both Kylee and me, we made no other stops. The temperatures outside were in the 90's and I didn't feel comfortable leaving Kylee in the car.

Traffic wasn't too bad until we got to El Paso. What a traffic mess! Rush hour traffic, complicated with several accidents. And then we had to go through the border patrol checkpoint. The drive shouldn't have taken so long...but it did. We didn't pull into our hotel until 8:30 PM....Central time. After hauling all our gear into the hotel room and quickly walking Kylee, I decided to skip dinner. I've learned that it isn't a good idea to eat so late at night.

Breakfast tomorrow morning is served between 6 AM and 9 AM. I'm hoping to hit the road again at 8 AM...this time without forgetting anything.

C25K Powerwalk Challenge Update

On further consideration, I'm going to suspend my powerwalks until I get to The Lake. I also plan on suspending my yoga exercises. It's just too difficult to do either while I'm driving cross-country. However, I did do some simply yoga exercises that eased the tension in my neck and shoulders and the cramping in my hands.

Random Quote of the Day

Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible to travel from coast to coast without seeing anything.

- Charles Kuralt


No comments: