Sunday, April 28, 2013

Kylee Messing with a Chipmunk


Word of the Day

Shaln't - Shall not; shan't.


HTP and I celebrated our anniversary last night at Lon's. It was fantastic. I ordered the five course chef sampler with wine pairings and I ended up taking home some of my food. I just couldn't finish it. I think my favorite was the snapper crudo that was served with a wasabi vinagrette. I had our server write down the wines that I sampled but there were only two wines that I thought worth looking for in the store. One was a white wine and the other a rose. My own red wines that I've made were a lot better than those that were served and the dessert wine that they offered, a port wine, wasn't my favorite. I've never been a fan of sweet wines. This one smelled like stewed prunes. However, the food was a foodies wonder and well worth the cost for a very special evening. I would go there again in a heartbeat, however, I would probably order off the menu like HTP with one exception. I wouldn't order the macaroni with cheese and truffles. Macaroni and cheese is macaroni and cheese no matter how you intend dressing it up with truffles. I think I'd rather order additional starters.

Before dinner, HTP and I sat and sipped cocktails out on the patio while we listened to a local entertainer that had a Kenny G.-style. He had two saxophones (tenor and alto) and a electronic soprano saxophone. Wonderful music. It was a bit warm out on the patio so I'm glad that HTP enjoyed our dinner inside. I'm not sure that having chiminea fires out on the patio was totally necessary on such a warm night, but I think the perfume of the mesquite was the goal.

So...I've only got today and Monday to finish packing and loading up. I'm going to be doing some exception to the rule laundry today. I don't want to transport dirty laundry cross-country. I'm not sure I'll actually start loading the car until tomorrow. It's going to be REALLY warm today. Triple digits? I don't want to load wine into the car and have it turn into vinegar before I get to Sarge's place. Also, I don't think the Wii or the stereo receiver that I'm bringing to The Lake will appreciate baking.

Meanwhile, I received notice that Kylee's license needed renewing in yesterday's mail. Luckily, I was able to take care of it online. I've been busily adding to my To Do List and marking things off. I've still got LOTS of To Do things to check off my list. I need to drain and clean the fountain for the summer. The birds will miss their daily baths and I'll miss its soothing sound but it's not economical to keep it running during the summer. We do live in a desert. I also need to pull in the patio cushions so that they don't bake in the summer sun and get messed up by duststorms and monsoonal rain. There's more, lots more, on my list and today seems like a good day to finish up most of it.

Random Quote of the Day

It still holds true that man is most uniquely human when he turns obstacles into opportunities.

- Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

No comments: