Thursday, April 25, 2013

Dr. Who Scarf Progess - About 1/2 Complete

Word of the Day

Shaffeine - Combination of caffeine and sugar as found in products like Coca-Cola.

Who knew that I had so many boxes of quart jars stored out in the garage?! Good grief! OK. So, I can't bring all the boxes of quart jars to The Lake with me. I'm not even sure that I'll be able to bring the six boxes that I pulled out, checked for scorpions, and hope to pack into the car. That's a LOT of quart jars. I'll just have to hope to return the rest of the jars to The Lake on my next cross-country journey. Sarge tells me she has a couple of boxes of quart jars that she wants to return to me, however, I'm hoping they'll fit into the trailer I plan to rent when I get to her place next week. Regardless, while I was messing around in the garage, organizing things and discovering that I had LOTS of quart jars that are taking up LOTS of space, I was able to do some cleaning and finally got around to putting away all my Christmas cookie tins. The garage looks a lot cleaner but HTP didn't seem to notice any difference. *sigh*

#1 Son and #1 DIL are going to The Lake to help open things up for me and set up Internet this weekend. I called the plumber a couple of weeks ago to have him turn the water back on and left a message on his answering machine. I sure hope he was able to get in. A friend of ours FB'd that she got her car stuck while she was driving into her place to open her cabin, about an hour west of our place, and that it was snowing. Argh!

C25K Powerwalk Challenge Update

It is definitely getting warm here in the mornings. Though I didn't feel like taking my powerwalk this morning (I was feeling a bit lazy), Kylee and I hit the pavement, and, armed with a cool bottle of water, we completed Week 3, Day 2. Done and did. I'm going to try and get an earlier start to our walk on Saturday. With daytime temperatures reaching into the upper 90's, even walking early in the morning presents a added challenge.

Random Quote of the Day

The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.

- Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)


No comments: