Tuesday, April 23, 2013

My Red Oleander Tree is Blooming


Word of the Day

Servelence - The sudden lull in conversation that occurs at a table of diners when the food is served.


One week?! In one week, I'll be totally packed. Everything will have been loaded into my car and I'll be pulling out of the driveway, heading, eventually, to The Lake. Right now my dining room is a semi-organized packing mess. I'm doing laundry and will do laundry again on Sunday because I still need to wear the clothes that I want to bring with me to The Lake. Of course, at The Lake, it'll be a lot colder so I'll be wearing winter-type clothes. But right now, here in Arizona, it's getting quite warm. After my concealed carry class yesterday, I returned to my car and the bottle of water that I'd left in the cupholder only to discover that you can boil water in a parked car in Arizona. Yes, I drank it. I was thirsty. The outdoor temperature, according to my car thermometer, was 100 degrees but, I'm sure that it was only in the 90's yesterday. It's getting time to head to cooler climes. In the meantime, I'm going a bit crazy and will exhibit what a truly scattered mind looks like.


C25K Powerwalk Challenge Update

Kylee and I took our walk this morning, starting at around 7:30 AM...after HTP left for work. We met a few people along the way but I think that the fact that I was carrying a water bottle clued them into the fact that Kylee and I weren't willing to stop and chat. I suppose if they'd pressed the point, I probably would have stopped. The Week 3 sessions only last 28 minutes. However, I decided to stretch them out and walked the same distance I normally walk, far past the halfway mark on the digital recording. My walk probably lasted a good 35 minutes and Kylee and I continued at a fast walk (not powerwalk) all the way home. I'm so glad that I brought a bottle of water with me. It really is getting warm in the mornings. We started with a cool 69 degrees but ended with 78 degrees which feels warm when you're working out. I have no pain in my knees but I'm noticing a bit of soreness in my ankles. However, I'm not too concerned. You'd think with all the exercise that I've been getting that I'd have lost weight. Sadly, this isn't the case.


***


After returning from our walk, I changed clothes ( I HAD to change out of my sweaty workout clothes), dumped a load of clothes into the washer (my workout clothes were in that first dump), and headed out to complete some errands. I needed to get a money order to send in with all the paperwork for my concealed carry permit. I also needed to pick up a Thank You card and a gift card to give to my yoga instructor. I'm not sure when or if I'll be seeing her again after this week. Right now I'm checking items off my To Do List that were never on that list in the first place. Scattered.

Random Quote of the Day

If we have the opportunity to be generous with our hearts, ourselves, we have no idea of the depth and breadth of love's reach.

- Margaret Cho, weblog, 03-09-04

No comments: