Saturday, April 27, 2013

March 2010 - I'm told that it looks much the same today, April 27, 2013


Word of the Day

Semanticize - To start or begin an argument purely over semantics.


#1 Son and #1 DIL did indeed make it to The Lake last night. I know this because #1 Son called me to ask me if there was any gas in the garage for the chainsaw. Apparently, a tree had fallen over the driveway right where the blacktopped part of the driveway starts at the top of the hill coming down toward the house. Thankfully, I had gas in the garage for the chainsaw and #1 DIL knows how to use a chainsaw. HTP and I were/are always nervous about ANYONE using a chainsaw on our property. In case of accident, the nearest hospital is quite a ways away and we're not at all sure how quickly the EMT's could arrive in case of accident. However, no accidents occurred. #1 DIL successfully removed the fallen tree. I suspect that the tree was an oak tree that I've been concerned about but I won't actually know until I get up there.

#1 Son set up my Internet for me and I "think" he's going to set up my DirecTV service, at least, from his phone call this morning, that's the plan. He also asked me to send him the Closing List that I gave him last fall which will help them figure out how to reverse items on the list, thus making it a Open List. I appreciate all their efforts. Too bad that there's so much snow up there and ice on the lake. I'll have to figure out how to get the dock and boat launched on my own...or wait until they can come up again to visit me to help out. I asked #1 Son and #1 DIL to take pictures for me so I can get an idea how much snow remains on the ground. Last night #1 Son told me that they had to do some shoveling in order to get their car into the garage. Snowdrifts.

C25K Powerwalk Challenge Update

Kylee and I headed out on our walk at around 6:30 AM. With temperatures today reaching into the high 90's, I wanted to get an early start while temperatures were still cool. We've completed Week 3, Day 3. I'm going to attempt Week 4, Day 1 on Tuesday before I hit the road. An attempt to complete Week 4, Day 2, will be made on Thursday when at Sarge's place in Texas and I hope to attmept Week 4, Day 3 in the exercise room at the hotel in Nebraska on Saturday. I plan to continue with my yoga exercises too while on the road but I'm not sure how young grandchildren will effect my decision to carry on.

Random Quote of the Day

Just to be is a blessing. Just to live is holy.

- Rabbi Abraham Heschel


No comments: