Saturday, April 13, 2013

Joyce and the Magic Puffball


Word of the Day

Schlank - The liquid that comes out of a brass instrument after being played and then left in cooler tempuratures.


C25K Powerwalk Challenge Update

Kylee and I completed Week 1, Day 3 of the challenge this morning. It was a challenge because, since we weren't running, neighbors kept stopping us to chat...mainly with Kylee. Oh well, I tried to make up for the stops by adding additional powerwalk time...even in the cooldown phase. I suppose I'm going to have to deal with this sort of thing, especially on weekends when there are so many neighbors out walking in the morning. However, I'm still calling this day of the challenge complete since I added additional mileage and power-walking to the mix.

***

I got a call from my friend Joyce this morning, from Wisconsin. She was just checking in with me to find out what my plans are. She's not on my e-mail loop and she doesn't do Facebook so she called. I brought her up to date with most stuff.

HTP and I are going to dinner tonight with friends. I'm getting the chance to wear a pair of my new skinny ankle jeans. Does my butt look big in these? I'm more worried about butt crack syndrome. A belt is a definite must with these jeans. I'm sure that Sis would/will not approve, but, what the heck. I have lost weight....not as much as I'd like to lose but I was tempted to try out this new fashion statement.

Random Quote of the Day

Follow your passion. Stay true to yourself. Never follow someone else's path unless you're in the woods and you're lost and you see a path. By all means, you should follow that.

- Ellen DeGeneres, Tulane Commencement Speech, 2009

No comments: