Monday, April 22, 2013

My Certificate

Word of the Day

Seriosity - An amount of seriousness that a given subject measures.


I started the morning with an hour of mind-centering, calming, stress-relieving yoga. The rest of my day was spent in class, a class that I wanted to take so I could be certified to have a concealed carry permit for a firearm. The class started at 10:30 AM and, with a half hour lunch break, finished up at 6 PM. It was a VERY interesting class. There were only three people in the class, including me, four, if you count the instructor. Our instructor was/is a retired police officer. Oh, the tales he told of his twenty-one years on the force. We, the students, received individual attention and ALL our questions were answered. My fellow students had spent two hours on the gun range earlier that morning, completeing the actual shooting part of the qualification. I completed that same part of my certification on Saturday. I was rather interested to discover that I was the only student in the class who qualified with a 100% accuracy rank. Note...I shot 20 shots and all my shots hit the target (see previous blog entry) in the designated/qualifying area. However, I'll try not to break my arm whilst patting myself on my back. A 70% accuracy rate is necessary to qualify. We ended our class by filling out paperwork and, another first, being fingerprinted....two full sets of fingerprints. Thank goodness, the instructor provided GoJo in the bathroom to wash fingerprint ink off of inky fingers.

Despite all, I won't be running around the country, carrying concealed. It's doubtful that my gun will ever leave my house or property. However, I'm glad I took this class. It was very informative. And...now I can if I want....or I will as soon as all the paperwork goes through. No rush.

Random Quote of the Day

If the Phone Doesn't Ring, It's Me

- Jimmy Buffett, Song Title

No comments: