Monday, April 29, 2013

35 Years Ago


Word of the Day

Shiffider - An old person who shuffles along the floor, without seeming to move his or her feet.


35 years ago, today, HTP and I were married. Happy Anniversary to HTP and Me! Even though we went out and celebrated our anniversary early, this weekend, I plan to make a very special meal tonight. It'll also be a Bon Voyage meal since I'll be hitting the open road tomorrow morning.

****



A Load off My Mind and Into the Car


I delayed loading the car because I needed to go to the bank this morning...at least I thought I needed to go to the bank. Apparently, as it turns out, I had to call the 1-800 number for our bank to advise them of my pending cross-country trip and my Scotland/Ireland trip. Oh well, it wasn't a total waste. I picked up some cash for the trip. I still needed to stop and top off my gas tank, drop a letter in to the mailbox, and purchase an perfumie thingie for my car vent. And, as it turns out, I was also able to pick up some arm floats for my grandchildren. DD Daughter tells me that they don't have them in any of the stores near where she lives yet. None of the fun swim stuff is available yet in the frigid north. I also picked up a smaller cooler to carry Kylee's canned dog food and some cold water for the trip.

I've got everything all packed except for the freezer and fridge stuff and the items that I still need for tonight and tomorrow morning. Despite that, I loaded everything into the car that will be going. The empty coolers, the dog kennel, my packed suitcases, and all the boxes and boxes of stuff. Poor Kylee started warbling when she saw me take away her kennel. Poor baby. I hated causing her such distress but I needed to put it in the car so I'd know where it would fit the best. Everything fits! Everything! What a load off my mind! Kylee's kennel is back in the hallway where it will remain until tomorrow morning when I'll put it back into its assigned slot in the car along with the warbling Kylee. She always worries that I'll forget her...poor thing. My two coolers are sitting in the dining room, plugged in and cooling, waiting for me to pack them with freezer and fridge items tomorrow morning and then, they too will be loaded up into the car in their assigned slots where they can be plugged my car's accessory plugs. My overnight bag that I plan to use each night is back in my bedroom, waiting for me to pack those last minute items. There's empty, pre-planned spots for each and every one of these things. I am the reigning Tetris car packing champion. Of course, I'll have to see if I can retain my title when I repack everything after I get the U-Haul trailer in Texas, but, I don't anticipate any problems.

Now, to clear my mind, yoga.

Random Quote of the Day

It is impossible to travel faster than the speed of light, and certainly not desirable, as one's hat keeps blowing off.

- Woody Allen (1935 - )

No comments: