Monday, April 08, 2013

Roses I Rescued From My Neighbor's Yard

Word of the Day

Hangry - A state of anger caused by lack of food ; hunger causing a negative change in emotional state.

The duststorm wasn't supposed to hit until noon, but when my friend and I got out of yoga at 9:15 AM, we noticed that the wind had already started blowing, kicking up dust. As we drove home, we noted several recycling barrels that had been knocked over and a few decorative flags had blown loose and were flying free. Hopefully, that won't happen to mine, the recycling bin, not the flag. I don't own any of those decorative flag thingies. Meanwhile, I noticed that the neighbor across the street had some roses blooming in her front yard. She isn't there. They've been renting their house out but there aren't any renters in there right now so....I went over and clipped enough roses to make a bouquet. My justification for stealing the roses was that the duststorm was going to tear the roses all apart anyway if I didn't take them. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

The back patio is already littered with Palo Verde blossoms and leaves. So much for all the work HTP and I did on Saturday, sweeping and cleaning. I polished the BBQ grill too. *sigh* Oh well, this duststorm will make a mess but maybe the wind will blow down all the dead leaves that remain on the trees from the winter kill on our trees. I did lose two citrus trees over the winter and one of the trees in my front yard. Thankfully, the rubber tree that I thought had died, is slowly recovering. My Mom told me that she thought it would come back and she was right.

Random Quote of the Day

It's amazing how quickly nature consumes human places after we turn our backs on them. Life is a hungry thing.

- Scott Westerfeld, Peeps, 2005


No comments: