Thursday, April 11, 2013

My View if We Hadn't Had a Major Freeze this Year - 2012

Word of the Day

Scanter - A brisk, yet leisurely pace. Slower than a gallop, yet faster than a leisurely stroll.


I drove over to the Arizona Automobile Association (AAA) yesterday to get my TripTik, maps, tour books and International Driver's Permit. I probably won't ever NEED the international driver's permit but I now have it...just in case. It's good for six months. I still need to get some Euros and Pounds but I think I should be able to get some after I get to The Lake. I don't need them until mid-June. Meantime, after much thought, I've decided to leave here on April 30th instead of May 1. This way I'll hit the city where DD Daughter, Ms. En, and Mr. T live on a Saturday. We can go for supper, come back to go swimming at the hotel, and then go out for breakfast the next day before I have to hit the road again to go to The Lake. I changed my Ticker header to reflect the change. Now, all I have to do is make hotel reservations for the trip, get a trailer hitch for the Acadia installed, make reservations to rent a U-Haul in Texas, and PACK! I'll be leaving in less than three weeks.

C25K Powerwalk Challenge Update

Kylee and I took off walking at a fast pace for our warm-up, faster than last time. Again, I picked up the pace and pumped my arms when cued, by the program on my Android device (my Kindle Fire), to run. Actually, I'm not sure if I walk faster when power-walking or when I walk briskly but.... Anyway, I decided to continue on after the half-way point was cued so I walked a longer distance and during cooldown, I walked briskly. The other day, I picked up some orthotics for my shoes which used this morning. I'm not sure if it made any difference or not. I figured that it couldn't hurt. My knees continue to improve. Eventually, I would like to start running again but I'm not going to risk my knees, so, I'll continue power-walking through this program and work for a 10K distance.

Random Quote of the Day

Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business.

- Tom Robbins (1936 - )



No comments: