Saturday, April 20, 2013

My Qualification Target for Concealed/Carry
Two Head Shots - Did it!
Needed to Put 18 Shots into the Rectangular Body at Various Distances.  Mission Accomplished


Word of the Day

Schnibbel - Any tiny piece of paper that is lying on the ground.


Today was a day of firsts for me. This was the first time I've ever shot a gun. This is the first time I fired my Mosquito. This was the first time I've ever been to a gun range. This was the first time I got to fire a Glock and a Smith&Wesson and a Browning Buckmark. I may just decide to buy a 9 MM next year. Dan thinks I should get one. Maybe, but first I want to get to know my Mosquito. I had to laugn because the instructor (Dan) was so impressed with my marksmanship that he started calling me Calamity Jane. Of course, I did a lot better during the beginner class than I did on my concealed carry qualification shooting but I did darn good on that too. Hey! I qualified. I just need to take the class on Monday and I'll have a concealed carry permit for Arizona and any state that has reciprocity.

The class started at 8 AM and we didn't actually finish until around 1 PM. I got darn tired. Lots of standing around and there was NO shade. One of the other students shared some sunblock with me. I think I still burned my nose and it was darn hot outside by the time we finished up. It's an outside range. Thankfully, Dan brought extra water to share. If and when I do this again, I'll have to remember to bring water and slather on sunblock.

I had soooo much fun today. Now, all I have to do is remember how to clean and oil my gun. I took that class last month.

Random Quote of the Day

Do not wait for the last judgment. It takes place every day.

- Albert Camus (1913 - 1960)

No comments: