Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Silver Agave Blooms are Prettier than Pictured


Word of the Day

Scribline - The blank area on the back of credit cards where one's signature goes.


C25K Powerwalk Challenge Update

Kylee and I encountered a few problems on our walk this morning. I started the program on my Kindle Fire and then we headed out, walking fast. Far past when the program would have announced that I should start running, I decided to check my Kindle. Somehow, I managed to hit the pause button. *sigh* Oh well....I fast forwarded to the first run sequence and continued on from there. Then, when we'd arrived to the area near the golf course, Kylee decided that she just had to stop and take care of business, business that I had to clean up. And, of course, it took a while to clean up the business because for some reason I couldn't get one of the clean-up bags loose right away. *sigh* OK. I backed up the program and Kylee and I re-walked the part where we'd already started before business got in the way. So, by the half-way point, Kylee and I were well past the point where we normally reach the half-way point. Since we were already almost to the development's clubhouse, we continued on to that location and disposed of the poop bag with Kylee's business and started on our way back home. Of course, having traveled well past our normal half-way location, our 30 minute walk turned into at 45 minute walk but...who's counting. On Thursday, Kylee and I will have to bring water to drink. The mornings are getting warmer and I was REALLY dry by the time we got home. On the plus side, my knees are feeling no pain despite the greater distance Kylee and I covered.

****

I started packing yesterday. Since HTP and I won't be entertaining anymore between now and when I leave, I moved everything that I'd been accumulating for the trip into the dining room. I repacked the wine (some will go to The Lake and some will go to Sarge & D Buddy's place in Texas), I repacked the 'Cello's (some will go to The Lake and some will go to Sarge & D Buddy's place), I packed up another box of stuff to go to Sarge and D Buddy's place, and started a box of stuff that I need to bring to The Lake.

I dragged out the two suitcases I'll be bringing with me this morning,(one with on the road stuff to wear and use, and one that won't need to be opened until we actually get to The Lake). I can start packing clothes, shoes, and whatall that I won't be using until I get to colder climates. In the meantime, while doing laundry, I sorted through and portioned out supplements and medications, which took longer than one would imagine. I packed away the ones that I won't be needing between now and when I get to The Lake. When did the amount of pills I take on a daily basis get so numerous? I'm surprised I don't rattle when I walk. Actually, most of what I take are supplements which I take so I don't have to take prescription medicines. Funny how that's working out. Oh well...I'd rather take the supplements at this point.

In the coming days, I'll be spending a great deal of time (hopefully) marking items off my To Do List and my Packing List. Which reminds me, I need to call CenturyLink to get my Internet and phone bundle set up at The Lake.

Random Quote of the Day


Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't.

- Erica Jong



No comments: