Monday, May 20, 2013

Tammy Helped Shop for Plants

Word of the Day

Shrinkcrap - The shrink wrap that becomes completely and utterly twisted such that it is useless.

I purchased all my bedding plants and seed potatoes(Yukon Gold and Red) and seeds today. I've never grown potatoes before but I thought I'd give it a try this year since I won't have as much time to garden this summer but don't want my kennel garden to go to weeds. Unfortunately, today isn't a very good day to garden. We've had popcorn showers on and off all day. Just when I get out to work on my Earthboxes, it'll start to rain. I put everything away and go inside and...the sun comes out. I wait to make sure it's turning beautiful and just when I get back outside to work...it starts to rain again. And...the sun is out right now. After being chased inside three times already, I've decided to give it up for the day.

So...if I ever can get out to actually plant. I bought several varieties of tomato plants (36 total tomato plants), three varieties of eggplant (3 total eggplants), three different types of bell-type peppers (16 total pepper plants), four yellow zucchini and four Italian zucchini, two varieties of pole bean seeds, and two varieties of lettuce seed, Yukon Gold seed potatoes, Red seed potatoes, and set onions.

Sis tells me that I should plant some pennies in with my tomato plants to prevent blight. Someone told her that this would work. It might work. Copper is supposed to prevent blight and pennies are made from copper so....

Random Quote of the Day

The absence of alternatives clears the mind marvelously.

Henry Kissinger (1923 - )



No comments: