Saturday, September 15, 2007


Cold!-- Fall - 2006

Word of the Day

Crubbers - Little rubber things that appear after you use a pencil eraser. Eraser shavings.


I'm glad that I harvested everything from the garden yesterday. The temperature dipped down to 28°F last night...although, it was 32°F when I got up this morning. I woke up late. Now that the sun has risen and things are warming up outside, I can see the wilted mess that my garden has become. Still...I may just leave that wilted mess to clean up in the spring. In the meantime...

19 Days and a Wake Up Before HTP and I Fly South for the Winter

I've got a batch of Italian Green Tomato/Eggplant Pickles all salted down and ready to drain. And yesterday, I went over to Sis' place where we combined our garden gleenings to start a batch of Picallili relish. I'll go over there again in a bit to help finish that project. I must say that yesterday I felt a bit like one of a couple of older women that HTP and I came across while in Italy. I had loaded up a bushel basket with things that I would need to make our relish. This group of older women in this Italian village were walking down the street carrying bushel baskets of tomatoes and stuff that they would need to make tomato sauce. Truth be told, it sure is nicer to make relish, wine, or whatever, when you've got more than just one. Many hands make light labor. Yes, Sis and I can and have purchased "store bought"relish but...it's just not the same. Same goes for jam, tomato sauce, salsa, etc. Priceless, because you just can't buy the flavor of homemade.

Murphyism of the Day

First Law Applied to Prototyping and Production


Tolerances will accumulate unidirectionally toward maximum difficulty to assemble.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist ought to have his head examined. -- Samuel Goldwyn

No comments: