Tuesday, September 04, 2007


Salut! - 2007

Word of the Day

Craptacular - Astoundingly piss-poor. Really awful, and particularly less than impressive.


OK. It has come to my attention that I have not given credit where credit is due for a while. This is a journal of sorts and where I do cite my sources on occasion, I am plead guilty of not citing my sources more than once a year. Occasionally, as a former teacher and a person who lives in fear of having someone proclaim her a "plagiarist", I will add a foot-note to my blog (not for profit blog) to give credit for my non-original entries. I do not think up these "Word of the Day" entries or "Murphyism" entries whole-cloth on my own, I don't grab them out of thin air, I'm just not that original...well...OK...a few of them are my own but 99.9% come for elsewhere. I have given credit to where I've found them but...not in every single blog. So....here we go...I'll find myself feeling guilty and citing my credits again next year about this time...maybe sooner. I have found some of my "Word of the Day" entries from Witwords and some from Unwords.com. I've found most of my Murphyisms (99.9%) from a wonderful book, authored by Arthur Bloch. He's written several but the one I'm reading (bought and paid for) in a wonderful book called, Murphy's Law 25/6th Anniversary Edition. I love it and recommend it. It's seems like the author reads my thoughts. I, on occasion, have found that I can add numerous of my own "corollaries" to these wonderful Murphyisms but...for the most part, they are what they are...Murphyisms. Thank you Arthur Bloch. Ummm...who else do I...Oh yes, I find endless wonder in the "Noteworthy Quotes of the Day" that I've found in this Random Quotes Page. If I have not given credit where credit is due, I beg forgiveness. Sometimes, I encounter quotes and words from sources where the site has failed to give credit. I don't always know where to direct the credit outside of the source where I have found genius and on top of this, anonymous is kind of hard to find. However, when I do finally find "genius" in which to give credit where credit is due, I feel , honor-bound to give it. Thank you very much, Jonathan Caws-Elwitt, for the Word of the Day that I used on August 23rd, 2006. "Sharetrek - Generic Star Trek-style science fiction that comes as close as it can to Star Trek without infringing any copyrights." I'm a true Star-Trek fan...the "Original" episodes. Dare I admit that my heart trembled and giggled a bit whenever Spock spoke?...oh, my poor adolescent heart. My favorite episode remains, "The Trouble with Tribbles".

Now...onto the mundane. Today is Tuesday. I did laundry. Oh...and I lost myself in the latest book by Christine Feehan. *sigh* I have yet to understand how I can't seem to sit down with the full intentions of reading "just a chapter" from a good book without finding myself unable to do ANYTHING until said book has been read from cover to cover. My children (thank goodness that they've all managed to grow to maturity and have since flown/escaped the coop/nest) and my husband (poor starving soul), all can find themselves starving as I lose myself within the covers of a good book. I lose all sense of time and dimension as I find myself transported in said time and distance when it comes to a good book. I'll go down and fold that last load of laundry after I finish this blog.

Murphyism of the Day

Hyman's Highway Hypothesis


The shortest distance between two points is usually under construction.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Stuffed deer heads on walls are bad enough, but it's worse when they are wearing dark glasses and have streamers in their antlers because then you know they were enjoying themselves at a party when they were shot. -- Ellen DeGeneres

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I appreciate it. You rock.