Wednesday, September 05, 2007


A View of The Lake - Fall 2006

Word of the Day

Crackerslacker - The crackers that are found under the aluminum or plastic pouch when one finishes a package.


I'm considering making some simple syrup for liqueur making. I made three bottles of my strawberry liqueur the other day. I think I'll bring one of those bottles to HTP's folks this weekend when we go see them. The reason that I'm thinking of making more syrup is so I can make some wild raspberry liqueur to bring along as well. I think HTP's Mom would prefer a nice sip of liqueur at night versus my sugarfree jam....even though...my sugarfree jams are terrific. Aside from liqueur making, I'm thinking of making some Italian eggplant/green tomato pickles. I know Tom's Mom loves them. Actually, I know that HTP loves them. And it's not like I don't have eggplant to spare for the project. I'll get started on this project tomorrow. It always takes a couple of days...at least.

Murphyism of the Day

Benedict's Law of Carpooling


As soon as you switch to the carpool lane, the other lanes of traffic speed up.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Nature magically suits a man to his fortunes, by making them the fruit of his character. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments: