Monday, September 10, 2007


Fall - 2006

Word of the Day

Creedle - Any of several microscopic indentations on a golf ball.


I forgot to warn you about not blogging yesterday. HTP and I drove into the Big City yesterday and didn't get home until late. We had originally planned to celebrate HTP's folks' 60th wedding anniversary. Unfortunately, HTP's Mom had suffered a fall on Friday of last week for which she's still in the hospital. She seems to be doing better but her doctor wants to make sure that she's really up and on her feet again before letting her go home. So...HTP and I visited her in the hospital and we had dinner with HTP's Dad. I'm sure HTP's Mom will soon be back home. She's looking forward to seeing and holding little Ms. En. Our first grand-daughter and HTP's Mom's first great-grandchild.

Our return trip to Arizona is starting to set itself in wet cement. HTP and I have begun making reservation plans. So, let the count-down begin. Please note that at any time, events may alter this countdown. I've learned from Murphy's Law, never to write anything in stone. My Marine Mom friends (and I) often blame a certain military character, Semper Gumby, for all delays and alterations of plans. I believe one of my friends actually tried to drown him in beer but....he floats. Anyway....

24 Days and a Wake Up Before HTP and I Fly South for the Winter

OK....we're driving but let's not quibble. I'm starting to ponder all the things that need to be done in little more than three weeks time. Panic is being held at bay.

Murphyism of the Day

Jaroslovsky's Law


The distance you have to park from your apartment increases in proportion to the weight of the packages you are carrying.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

They were so strong in their beliefs that there came a time when it hardly mattered what exactly those beliefs were; they all fused into a single stubbornness.

-- Louise Erdrich

No comments: