Thursday, September 13, 2007


Still Standing - 2007

Word of the Day

Croms - Something well-formed. This is an attribute of words.


My garden is still my garden. Untouched by human hand. I ran out of steam after making two batches of jam. I really couldn't call my jam Very Berry Jam because I also ended up throwing in some frozen rhubarb. So...I now have one batch of Sugarfree Mixed Fruit Jam and one batch of Mixed Fruit Jam. Since my sugarfree substitute isn't as cheap as sugar, I decided to make just a single batch of the sugarfree jam this time. I'm trying to clear most of the stuff from my freezer and my fridge. Because....

21 Days and a Wake Up Before HTP and I Fly South for the Winter

I don't plan on turning off my fridge over the winter but there's no reason to leave it fully loaded with meat, etc.

I was going to tackle my garden today but we got rain storms today. In other words, it's too wet outside. I really need to get things harvested and "put to bed" because I'm told that we're going to get a hard frost on Friday night/Saturday morning. It's really too bad because I noted that some of my raspberries have berries forming. I suppose that'll be a lost cause now. My tame raspberries are "everbearing". Oh well...maybe next year. I did get plenty of tame raspberries this year.

Murphyism of the Day

Klipstein's Third Law Applied to General Engineering


Dimensions will always be expressed in the least usable term. Velocity, for example, will be expressed in furlongs per fortnight.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

He who laughs, lasts! -- Mary Pettibone Poole

No comments: