Tuesday, September 23, 2008


#1 Son, D Buddy and HTP Working on the Dock....They were putting the dock IN. Putting the dock in is a lot easier than taking it OUT.

Word of the Day

Loft queen - A regal, mature woman of the city.


I went to bed early last night and slept soundly. I'm sure we could have been hit by an earthquake and I wouldn't have noticed. Actually, I would have remained in bed, trying for a few more winks of sleep this morning but Gypsy reminded me that she had needs too. I feel bad that when we return to our Arizona home, Gypsy won't have any place to let loose and run....just for the joy of running. Full-tilt running, off-leash, ears flying. It's a joy to see how much she loves it here at The Lake. Dog Park? We'll have to see if that's an option. She's a small dog and I'm not sure how she'd fare with other dogs...BIG dogs. I imagine I'll get that same panicky feeling that I got when I took my children to pre-school for the first time.

Red sky in the morning, sailors take warning? I'm getting the idea that this week is going to toss some speed bumps into our plans to pull the dock and the boat. We still need to do these things but our task will be complicated by weather issues. Unfortunately, it looks like we're going to be doing these things while it's really windy and while dancing in the rain. *sigh* The plan is to pull the dock boards off and prep the dock for pulling....tomorrow. After that, we plan pull the boat out and take it in to have it winterized. Sometime on Thursday, we've got someone (a crew of three of four) who are coming out to do the heavy lifting part of pulling our dock onto dry land. I suppose, with #1 Son here (when he gets here), he could help muscle the dock onto dry land but for $20...I'd rather farm that task out to someone else. I can handle the dock boards. I can even handle pulling the dock out until the wheels reach the rocks that line the shore. That last bit, pulling the dock over the rocks and up onto the shore? That's the back breaker. HTP and I did it all by ourselves last year. We did it with #1 Son the year before that. This year? I'd charge a lot more than $20 to pull that dock onto dry land but don't tell the crew that's coming that I said so.

In the meantime, it's Laundry Day. Aside from today, I will have one more Laundry Day before we hit the road. The first Laundry Day in October will be my last Laundry Day here at The Lake...until next year.

Murphyism of the Day

Second Law of Applied Confusion


Truck deliveries that normally take one day will take five when you are waiting for the truck.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Never continue in a job you don't enjoy. If you're happy in what you're doing, you'll like yourself, you'll have inner peace. And if you have that, along with physical health, you will have had more success than you could possibly have imagined.

- Johnny Carson (1925 - 2005)

No comments: