Tuesday, September 30, 2008


Winter Snows Play Havoc on My Deck Furniture

Word of the Day

Lubricakes - The cookies, cakes and brownies one brings in to butter up their boss.


With only three more days to get everything ready for our departure from The Lake, I'm starting to panic a bit. I've already looked at the suitcases several times today and each time I tell myself that I'm going to hold off on them until tomorrow. I'm doing laundry tomorrow. There's no point in packing until I can pack both my suitcases. I'll need to sort out the stuff that goes into the suitcase that I'll be bringing into the hotel each night from the stuff that doesn't need to be accessed until we're back in Arizona. Once I have all the laundry done, I can make that decision. I'm told that temperatures in Arizona are still around 100°F.

The sun is finally shining. I took down all my wind chimes and have them all stored away for next year. I washed off the deck. It looks so barren now that all the plants are gone. I took the broken rocker blades off my deck rockers. Three of the rockers blades broke or are close to breaking. There's only one that looks fine. That's the one that my Dad made. My Mom told me to bring the broken or breaking rocker blades over to their place so Dad can work on them this winter. I haven't been able to find any place where I can buy replacement parts for my rocking chairs.

Murphyism of the Day

Second Law of the Workshop


You can always find three nuts to fit the four screws you need.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Love is not blind - it sees more, not less. But because it sees more, it is willing to see less.

- Rabbi Julius Gordon

No comments: