Wednesday, October 01, 2008


Fall Colors Have Arrived at The Lake

Word of the Day

Ludicrism - A distinctive doctrine, system, or theory of laughable or hilarious nature because of obvious absurdity or insinuation.


The suitcases are out of the closet and I've got one already packed and ready to go. Of course, I continue to pack things into the boxes that I've got in the hallway. The number of things that I still have to do or pack on my lists is diminishing. I've already decided what I'm going to be wearing on Friday (our first day on the road) and have set this outfit aside. I don't want to have to dig through the suitcases on Friday morning in search of that one item of clothing that I need to wear. Since I have enough Lake clothing (things that remain here at The Lake...I don't pack all my clothes), I've got the freedom to pack almost everything that needs to go back to Arizona today. Almost? Well...I still need to wash my face and brush my teeth and comb my hair. Some things can't be packed until Friday morning. I expect that HTP will load the car tomorrow....with a whole lot of grumbling and cursing going on.

Murphyism of the Day

The Extra-Part Principle


You never know what that extra part is for until you've thrown it away.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

If there were no God, there would be no Atheists.

- G. K. Chesterton (1874 - 1936)

No comments: