Saturday, October 18, 2008


Gypsy on the Dock - Summer 2008

Word of the Day

Manorexic - Characterizing a male who eats an extremely large amount of food and yet gains no weight.


Poor Gypsy! They shaved her right leg up to her hip and another bit on her front leg where the IV went in, and her tummy too. It looks bizarre and her shaved tummy feels smooth as a baby's butt. I know that it'll grow back....eventually but in the meantime she's going to look weird and that shaved tummy feels weird. They removed the pins and wires from her right knee and I have to keep her quiet for a week or so until things heal up again. No running and jumping. Oh well...at least she doesn't seem to want to do those things...so far. I think the medicine makes her tired. She was in a bit of pain last night and seemed a bit bewildered and groggy. I had to put a baby sock that I cut the toe out of over the incision on her knee this morning so that she wouldn't/couldn't lick it. So far, she's leaving the spay incision alone. I don't want to have to resort to one of those silly lampshade thingies. I'll have to bring her back to the vet in a week or so. Stitch removal. The stitches that he used for the spay will dissolve but the ones on her knee will have to be removed. She has a brand new ID microchip that I have to register online along with a tag that I can put on her collar. I tried to register the chip online this morning but the site was down. I'll have to try again tomorrow. She's not going anywhere. I hope my folks don't mind that I used them as an alternate contact should Gypsy get loose and they can't find HTP or me at either of our homes. I figure that if they can't get a hold of me or HTP, at least my folks will know where we are. The nice thing is that I can change the information that is connected to the chip as needs change. In the meantime, it's really nice to have Gypsy home again, sitting at my feet or by my side.

Murphyism of the Day

Devries's Dilemma


If you hit two keys on the typewriter, the one you don't want hits the paper.

Old Grey Frog's Comment on Devries's Dilemma

Typewriter? Does anyone, besides an avid pack rat or a museum, even own a typewriter anymore?

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

The greatest danger to our future is apathy.

- Jane Goodall

No comments: